Sunday, October 22, 2023

Blogophilia 17.15: Always or Never

Blogophilia group on Facebook HERE

Blog topic parameters Right Here

How this all works Over Here

Hard Bonus: Include a lyric from Tori Amos

Easy Bonus: 
Use the word champion

Haunted Castle Mansion

Halloween is around the corner, and it’s one of my favorites. I am not doing much this year, I just don’t have the funds to do anything. I’m hoping there will be a good deal on treats right before, so I can put something out. I’d love to go to a haunted house with some people, since a group outing makes it more fun, even though I don’t have a problem with going by myself. It seems as if it falls under Always or Never when it comes to things like this.

My fellow blogophiliacs really amaze me. All of us have a job or career that has little to nothing to do with creative writing, yet here we are, with other hobbies, and interests, and actually doing things like crafting & putting posts up. To me, this is what a champion looks like – ordinary people doing extraordinary things, and the arts are very much culturally extraordinary. In the words of Tori Amos from her To Venus & Back album in 1999, “1000 Oceans”:

I’m aware what the rules are
But you know that I will run
You know that I will follow you
Over silbury hill
Through the solar field
You know that I will follow you

Here’s a last-minute reminder to you all! Upcoming Racine Concert Band concert coming up soon:

  • Who: RCB & Walden III High School (they’ll play 1st)
  • What: A collaboration concert, TWO combined pieces at the end
  • When: Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 7pm
  • Where: Washington Park High School 1901 Washington Ave. Racine
  • Why: A place to go, something to do, people to see (it’s good for you)
  • How: no cash sales, prepay at Ticket Spicket or phone app on-site

No comments:

Post a Comment