Sunday, October 15, 2023

Blogophilia Week 16.15 – When the Music Hits You

Blogophilia’s Facebook group HERE

Blog topic parameters Right Here

How Blogophilia works Over Here

Hard Bonus: Use a Flaming Lips lyric

Easy Bonus: 
Include your favorite dog’s name

Blackhole Sunburnt Guitar

Sometimes When The Music Hits You, you pay homage to someone. Flaming Lips Ode to C.C. 1987

This man came up to me just the other day
He asked me if I’d been born again
I told him I didn’t think I had
That I had been rejected
But I think hell’s got all the good bands anyway

In case anyone missed the concert on Thursday, here is the live stream for the Wind Ensemble & Community Band. It’s difficult to get the full effect when I’m on stage playing, and thanks to the good sound system, I must say, this was a very good one. We’re at a semiprofessional level, brought to you. Music starts at 10:35 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX6la7DCSpA

I’ve only really had one dog in my life, a sheltie named Jamie he really was the best dog.

Smart & Sweet

Racine, Wisconsin is celebrating 175 years! Come join us in our birthday bash! At around 12:15, our very own Racine Concert Band (RCB) will be playing at around 12:15 to help celebrate. I might stick around for a short afterward for autographs 😉 lol

Upcoming RCB concert coming up soon:

  • Who: RCB & Walden III High School (they’ll play 1st)
  • What: A collaboration concert, a combined piece at the end
  • When: Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 7pm
  • Where: Washington Park High School 1901 Washington Ave. Racine
  • Why: A place to go, something to do, people to see (it’s good for you)
  • How: no cash sales, prepay at Ticket Spicket or phone app on-site

No comments:

Post a Comment