Sunday, December 4, 2022

Blogophilia 23.14: It's a Good Life!

Ecrits Blogophilia group on Facebook HERE

Marvin Martian’s blog topic parameters Here

How Martien Ecrits Blogophilia works here

Hard Bonus: Quote Thomas Jefferson

Easy Bonus: 
Use the word “Liberty”

Multi Media

As a musician, It’s a Good Life, always, when I get to play, especially at a performance. Sharing music of various sorts is helping to heal souls, 1 person at a time, starting with my own. And we can pass it on. I remember being a student at Franksville School (back then, K was at Hoods Creek – closed, 1st & 2nd at Trautwein – mini strip mall of sorts, 3rd & 4th at Bartlet – village building, 5th & 6th at Franksville – office building, now a preschool/daycare, and Gifford was the Jr. High. Now Gifford is an elementary school), the students had the opportunity to put on the Oliver Twist musical. The few of us who weren’t going to be ON the stage had to pick one of the very few activities to do while most of the rest practiced their parts. I didn’t want to be on the stage to act or sing. I wanted to be in the pit with the musicians, and I think they had a high school band come in for that, so I didn’t get to be in it. Oh well. But I always like when we combine the arts even if it’s a mini community just briefly.

In this life, Liberty can come in many forms. It’s not just rights that your country can give you, it’s also about your everyday life. As a college student and young adult, I utilized this statement: Whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government. Thomas Jefferson It was my basis of being an activist, grass roots organizer, etc. to petition my elected officials on all levels. I feel like I’m too old to keep that up, but… right now I’m utilizing those skills to help a small group of people with their issues. I’m hoping something will bust loose one of these days, the waiting game isn’t something I have much patience for at this age. But… whatcha gonna do? I’ll keep everyone posted when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment