Sunday, December 25, 2022

WWG 41: Wishes Of A Year’s Past

Weekly Writer’s Group Facebook HERE

Blog topic parameters Over Here

Subtopic 1: How have you changed since January of 2022?

Subtopic 2: What would you like to see different in 2023?

Happy life day to you!

I have many Wishes of a Christmas Past. Aside from the usual kid stuff, I’d always felt the holidays were a time to turn over a new leaf, to start over, fresh, into something new, better, happier, etc… until now. No, I’m not being a pessimist. It’s part of the reality of life’s happenings.

How have I changed since January 2022? I started off the year as a new hire after my paid internship as the office manager for a nonprofit. I’m ending the year, rather than to try to fight for another paid position, to advocate for the people who depend on that nonprofit after being laid off. People deserve better than this, including myself.

What would I like to see different in 2023? I’d like to have people who have the power actually listen to the people, rather than for selfish greed. Answer the questions, follow through, etc. I’m trying to do the same from example. Maybe even if it’s not much, the corruption will be removed, and I can at least rest better…

I’m worn out from everything, but, this fight for the people is also for my own job, and if I have to step up, I will, but, certain things have to happen first, and that’s the hard part because it’s part of the waiting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment