Sunday, December 11, 2022

Weekly Writer’s Group 39: Pump Up the Holidays!

Weekly Writer’s Group Facebook Here

Blog topic parameters Over Here

Subtopic 1: How do you get yourself psyched for the holidays?

Subtopic 2: Tell me what your favorite Christmas song is, and tell me one you cannot stand.

Hydro Shift

As a person who technically practices Omnism, I usually call it Universalist, I tend to enjoy myself to Pump Up the Holidays. I incorporate a lot… Bean chili for St. Nick’s day. Latkes, stuffed cabbage, some sort of flat bread or tortilla for Hanukah, Puerto Rican turkey for Winter Solstice, Italian like lasagna or stuffed manicotti for Christmas, Japanese meal for New years like eggrolls or sukiyaki, and stick something like flautas or Indian tacos for another random holiday… Then invite other people over, to share our weird traditions this way, since we’re a house that takes strays.

I’m technically not Christian, but since we don’t get other music besides the regular stuff that plays, it’s always Christmas music… Music is always good, but I just don’t want Christmas music 24/7 and I don’t know why I find this one annoying, since it’s for a good cause, but I dislike Do They Know It’s Christmas by Band Aid and We Are the World by U.S.A. for Africa. Did they even benefit anyone? And, if they were helping remote tribal areas, who cares if they don’t know if it’s Christmas time? FFS, just help people! The musical talent is okay, the message is good, but it seems as if people are trying too hard, though it’s good to have so many different genres of famous musicians came together on these. I guess me, personally, I’d rather be one of the instrumentalists in the background, where people might hear me but won’t know who I am because it’s strictly to support, not get credit for anything.

Anyway, what’s up with the fire hydrant? Did Santa have a blow out? Or did he leave a gift by sanitizing the water & forgot to put his hat back on without putting the thing back together? At least it’s not flooding anything at the moment… I get psyched for the holidays by planning gatherings of who will come, what to make, etc… but this year I might have to go easy. I have 2 surgeries going on my nose on Tuesday, 12/13/22 – for 3 whole days, I’m literally not supposed to do anything. I can eat, sleep, crap, sit at my computer, have my coffee, shower, and that’s about it. No bending, reaching overhead, etc… *sigh* I guess it can take up to a month to fully recover, but I hope sooner. I’ll keep you posted.

My favorite one is Christmas Eve in Sarajevo by TSO – I do enjoy their rocking classical style. Wizards in Winter is also really cool, too, and to slow it down, Christmas Canon, where they do a multigenerational gig, featuring young people singing along with the rocking behind them.. So, I guess I’ll just have to play my own dream concert at home, and maybe for NYE, I’ll be able to do an international fair… Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment