Sunday, January 8, 2023

Week 43: Fallen Idols

Weekly Writer’s Group on Facebook Right Here

Blog topic parameters on WordPress Over Here

Pixie Fairy

A lot of us, especially when we were teenagers, have or had an idol of some sort either short-term or bordering obsession. Some of them end up being Fallen Idols, like Charlie Sheen… Though for me, Brooke Shields was my earliest celebrity idol, who I still think is classy & beautiful. In real life, it’s my cousin Sean – who is a fellow “troublemaker”, musician, comedian, and more. He’s pretty awesome.

This would be success!

There are those that I used to admire or look up to, that ended up being not worthy for whatever reason. I’m not saying they’re bad people, but… they ended up not being who I thought they were, and so… I guess whatever redeeming qualities I looked up to are actually within myself, and need to try not to focus on my shortfalls. Don’t ever let anyone else dull your sunshine or take the wind out of your sails. Not all of us were meant to fly in the sky, some of us were built to skip the waters. Your haters & disbelievers can just disappear behind you.

“No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.”
— Robin Williams  as John Keating in Dead Poets Society

No comments:

Post a Comment