Monday, January 23, 2023

Weekly Writer’s Group 45: What’s On The Other Side?

Weekly Writer’s Group Facebook page HERE

WWG blog topic parameters Over Here

Ultra Chill Subtopic: use a line from a song title The Other Side, the Evanescence version.

Ultra Mega Subtopic: When you see yourself in the mirror, do you imagine there’s another version of you?

Where’s YOUR horizon?

Sometimes, when I sign off from social media, after saying g’nite, I’ll mention seeing people on the flipside… I’m not sure, but I don’t know What’s On The Other Side. I don’t know, maybe it’s a way of saying “until we meet again”?

In the mirror, there’s always me… the past potentials of life is now a skeleton, what I have left is WHO I am, not what I could be or wanted to be… I imagine what could have been, but it’s too late in the game. This line says it all: “Break these chains and let me fly to you high above the world below” The Other Side, Evenescence.

All is not lost, though… I am a mom, an advocate, and musician, and pretty successful at that, even if none of them actually pay the bills. I make it happen, so that’s good.

No comments:

Post a Comment