Sunday, January 1, 2023

WWG 42: Starting Over

Weekly Writer’s Group Facebook HERE

Blog topic parameters Over Here

Same Day, Another Year

Happy new year to all! Especially for Diana, who makes this all possible! Life is crazy, with so many things going on… there’s the job/career gig, home life, family/friends, things that need to get done (home & transportation), and of course, seeking new direction…

In the arena of direction, Einstein is credited for saying “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” I feel like my professional goals hit that at least a decade ago, and in a life where people expect those of us over 40 to have that traditional job working 9-2-5 or whatever shift suits your fancy isn’t for everyone. In going after a different direction, I think my best option is Starting Over. Forget those jobs that you go punch in/out of… No turning my desk/phone at home into a mini call center. I think maybe I’ll set my own hours to do music coaching, tutoring, playing music, and maybe a little catering too (make what I like to cook).

First, I have to get over some of these health obstacles, which makes it hard to plan sometimes… But, who knows, something could work out? Advocate at your service… Happy New Year 2K23!

No comments:

Post a Comment